Sunday, October 24, 2004

Project update...

I have had somewhat of a breakthrough on my project. It seems to have changed dramatically
but the core ethics are there. No party, that will have to be explored another day. Instead scale down the dramatics to a differen't setting. This time the game focuses less on party elements to make for interraction and after talking to Jane about it I am now more interested in what I can make people do on their own vices. I now have a game that starts off as an ice breaker but quickly develops into a much more complicated game. A lot of use of hidden information and opportunity for emergent play. I want there to be differen't elements to the game that keep it always interesting, treachery, and revenge, memory, and misinformation, endurance, and smarts. I want there to be balancing factors and most of all creative non-competetive elements too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Yay, breakthrough!
I'm looking forward to hearing more about this in our individual meeting. I am intrigued by your comment: "A game that starts off as an ice breaker but quickly develops into a much more complicated game." I love the idea of a game that seems simple at the outset and then reveals itself over time to be more-- more treacherous, as you say, or more strategic, etc. Very cool.

October 25, 2004 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger GutMaim The Impaler said...

Maybe you mentioned this earlier in your blog, but would everyone at the party know about the game?

October 28, 2004 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home