Thursday, October 14, 2004

Core Mechanic

Well obviously the core mechanic to my game was originally the act of drinking. I want people to be rewarded for how much drinking they can do. But, Also I know that it is excluding to people who don't drink heavily and so there are other options like dancing, there are rewards for dancing. I in particular know people who could dance all night at a party and could "win" just through that. I also wanted conversation to be a core mechanic, talking to people is another element of the game that can earn you a greater outcome. So I want Talking, Dancing, Drinking to be the main verbs.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Your post on handball hints, combined with your comment here that you want to include players who don't drink, makes me think that you're on to the right track to consider doing this game without alcohol entirely. (As per our conversation after class on Monday) Alcohol tolerance is, in many respects, a "physical ability" like the athleticism required to play handball well... in that sense, it the game might wind up with less meaningful play opportunities. (Physical ability predetermines success, unless you can implement a "wait your turn, actively" element.) Just a thought...

October 19, 2004 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home